Friday, April 16, 2010

Shan Dong Cursine

China has eight types of cursine and Shan Dong is one of them. Shan Dong food to me is not appealing at all.
What I can see is that they are oily, not as bad as Shanghai, a lot of meat especillay mutton.
I really do not appreciate it. When I got to the Jin Ning Airport for going QingDao, they open only after 1:55 p.m. So we had to look for food, we went back to one small restaurant which seemed was the biggest and organized one there.
The customer went to the kitchen to order food, I saw a basin of animal heads which almost caused me vomit!
There later I found out that was Sheep heads, as I thought they were dogs... for the whole 30 minutes I was still thinking of that terrible sheep heads....I lost my appetite at all though I was very hungry.

They made some dishes and I think they are quite OK to be taken... especial te plate of Chicken that was stewed with a lot of Chili. It was cold like 5 degrees and was a bit windy, if you are hungry and cold,,, That worked!

Another dish was made with some river shrimps of roughly 10 mm  in length, the put some Chinese union and stir fry with egg... We took some hand made thin white bread made with flour... and wrap up with the shrimp.. quite chewy and yummy, agian It was cold and hungry... but when I thought about the basin full of sheep heads...

I did not pay for it so I really do not know how much we paid for that lunch, I guess that it about RMB$140.00 including two bottles of Tsing Tao beer!

HK Snob

No comments: