Friday, March 4, 2011

7E Khyber-Pass Messclub Curry King in Chung King Mansion Tsim Sha Tsui


I like Curry, and I have been trying many types of curry, Thai, Malay, Indian, HK-Cha Chan Taang Curry, Curry in Japan… Amongst all, the best one I had was in Grand Continental Hotel Mumbai in 1983 where I had a fantastic experience.
The curry was not hot that could burn your taste buds, very mild, not so much Coconut oil that would scare you… a lot of small dishes that you can try with Nan.

Some years back, I had tried one call Little Bombay in Tsim Shat Tsui, OK but not as good as I was in India.

"Midland" opposite Shangri-La Hotel was one of my favorite and my little daughter likes to go too. Very Economic. A they service a variety of curry favour, rice, chicken or beef, at HKD$80.00 , that was some 5 years ago… I think that was one of the favourite place for Indian in HK.

Ah Loong Curry in Jordan Road , next to Temple Street, That was Pakistani Curry, but the place was small that we have to wait for the seat outside the shop!
Recently I have tried the Chung King mansion 7E Curry… I found that ONLY Curry chicken is acceptable, the rest are not good.. Especially the Curry beef we could not eat at all, as it was too tough!! I talked to them that the beef was no good, the boss did not respond to me, as he might think that I am choosy. Probably the guests are keep on coming, waiting at the narrow corridor...
Well, that was my last visit there! No more…
Attached the first picture of the Tougher-than-my-life-Chung-King-7E-Curry-beef…!

HK Snob

No comments: